Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Azura Vascular Care (“Azura”) regarding its recent data breach. The Azura data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to over 340,000 individuals.
ABOUT AZURA VASCULAR CARE:
Azura is a national network of outpatient vascular care and ambulatory surgery centers based in Pennsylvania. A national leader in the field of vascular specialty services, Azura specializes in minimally invasive techniques to treat and manage a wide range of vascular conditions, including dialysis access management, peripheral arterial disease, uterine fibroids, varicose veins, and varicoceles.3 Headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, Azura has over 60 locations throughout the United States and Puerto Rico and employs more than 1,000 individuals.
On November 9, 2023, Azura discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed and acquired. Through its investigation, Azura determined that an unauthorized party may have accessed this sensitive information starting on or before September 27, 2023. Recently, Azura began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information potentially exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Contact information
- Medical information (e.g., diagnosis and treatment information)
- Insurance information (e.g., insurance policy and guarantor information)
If you are a patient of or have received a breach notification letter from Azura Vascular Care:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Azura data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring services provided by Azura Vascular Care:
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.