Peter D. Turke
I enjoy helping people and companies with real estate and business matters. It is satisfying to find practical solutions to meet a client’s objectives and help facilitate transactions while protecting our clients’ legal interests. I work hard to come up with cost efficient methods to get positive results for our clients.
Being available and quickly responsive is a key component of being a legal services provider, and I pride myself on diligently helping people manage their transactions and effectively communicating with our clients. I view myself as a counselor and advisor and work hard to make our clients understand all steps involved in a transaction and all their options.
Prior to working for Turke & Strauss, I practiced in the real estate group at one of Wisconsin’s largest law firms, working on a variety of residential and complex commercial real estate transactions including purchase and sales, new development, leases and financing.
I helped clients defer taxes by using 1031 starker exchanges and advised purchasers of properties in distressed and foreclosure sales. I formed condominiums and helped resolve association disputes. I represented businesses and developers and prepared construction contracts, resolved construction lien disputes, performed land divisions, navigated through zoning and land use restrictions, and found solutions for environmental challenges.
I helped people form and manage a number of different types of business entities, including limited liability companies, partnerships, corporations. I created operating, partnership and shareholder agreements, and represented entities in mergers, conversions and dissolutions and advised on regulatory matters and other day-to-day business issues.
- Member of State Bar of Wisconsin
- President and Member of Board of Directors of the CATHE Center in Burlington
- Candidate for Burlington Area School District (BASD) school board
- Member of BASD Stakeholder Strategic Planning Committee
- Member of BASD Wellness Policy Committee
- Commissioner on City of Burlington Park Board (2007-2014)
- Organizer of Montessori Parent Group
- Committee Member of 2016 Tall Tales Festival
- Former Officer of Cooper School Parent Teacher Organization
- Variety of recreational sports: including golf, swimming and running
- Traveling and spending time with my wife Kathryn and our four children
- University of Wisconsin Law School
- Juris Doctor (J.D.)
- cum laude
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Mechanical Engineering