Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating International Shoppes, LLC (“iShoppes”) regarding its recent data breach. The iShoppes data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to an undetermined number of employees.
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL SHOPPES, LLC:
iShoppes is a duty–free and specialty retailer based in New York. Founded in 1951, iShoppes operates retail and duty free facilities in U.S.-based airports, offering a wide variety of products to traveling customers, including beauty products, clothes and accessories, food, liquor and wine, and tobacco products. Custom tailored to fit their terminals, iShoppes stores are a major point of differentiation in design. Headquartered in Valley Stream, New York, iShoppes has retail locations at airports in Connecticut, Maryland, New York, Texas, and Virginia.
Recently, iShoppes discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, iShoppes determined that an unauthorized party may have accessed this sensitive information on December 1, 2023. On February 8, 2024, iShoppes began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information potentially exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Employment information (e.g., salary information and performance reviews)
- Financial account numbers
- U.S. Airport SIDA IDs
- Driver’s license information
- Passports and other government identification
- Account credentials to company systems
- Health information
If you received a breach notification letter from International Shoppes, LLC:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the iShoppes data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring services provided by International Shoppes, LLC:
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.