Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Brunswick Corporation (“Brunswick”) regarding its recent data breach. The Brunswick data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and personal health information belonging to approximately 1,400 individuals.
ABOUT BRUNSWICK CORPORATION:
Brunswick is a global manufacturing company specializing in marine recreation. Founded in 1845, Brunswick is home to over 60 brands operating across various sectors of the boating ecosystem, including marine propulsion, parts and accessories, technology, distribution, boats, and services. With products sold in over 170 markets, Brunswick had global revenue of $6.8 billion in 2022.2 Headquartered in Mettawa, Illinois, Brunswick has operations in 27 countries and employs over 19,000 individuals.
Recently, Brunswick discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which sensitive personal identifiable information and personal health information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, Brunswick determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information on or around June 6, 2023. On December 21, 2023, Brunswick began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information potentially exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number and/or government issued ID number
- Contact information
- Birth certificate
- Payment card information
- Healthcare and health insurance-related information
If you are an employee of or have received a breach notification letter from Brunswick Corporation:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Brunswick data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring services provided by Brunswick Corporation:
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.