Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Delta Dental of California and affiliates (“Delta Dental”) regarding its recent data breach. The Delta Dental data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to approximately 7 million individuals.
ABOUT DELTA DENTAL OF CALIFORNIA AND AFFILIATES:
Delta Dental is a not-for-profit dental insurance provider specializing in dental insurance programs for employees. Founded in 1966, Delta Dental offers a variety of dental benefits options to individuals, retirees, midsize-large corporations, small businesses, and brokers. Additionally, Delta Dental’s nationwide network of 39 independent companies serves more than 80 million individuals across all 50 states, Washington D.C., and Puerto Rico. Delta Dental of California is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and employs over 1,000 individuals.
On June 1, 2023, Delta Dental discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information may have been accessed and acquired. Through its investigation, Delta Dental determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed and acquired this sensitive information through a vulnerability in the MOVEit Transfer file sharing platform between May 27 and May 30, 2023. On December 14, 2023, Delta Dental began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information potentially exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license or other state ID number
- Passport number
- Financial account information
- Tax ID number
- Individual health insurance policy number
- Health information
If you received a breach notification letter from Delta Dental of California and affiliates:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Delta Dental data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring services provided by Delta Dental of California and affiliates;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.