Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Cardiovascular Consultants LTD. regarding its recent data breach. The Cardiovascular Consultants data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to 500,000 individuals.
ABOUT CARDIOVASCULAR CONSULTANTS, LTD:
Cardiovascular Consultants is a medical practice in Arizona specializing in the treatment of heart conditions. As a cardiovascular practice, Cardiovascular Consultants offers a variety of medical consultations and advanced testing including vascular and cardiac ultrasound, surgical diagnostics, nuclear cardiology, PET, and electrophysiology.2 Additionally, Cardiovascular Consultants offers surgical services including aortic reconstruction, diagnostic angiography, and catheter-based varicose vein treatment. Founded in 1986, Cardiovascular Consultants is headquartered in Pheonix, Arizona, and has 10 locations in Arizona.
On September 29, 2023, Cardiovascular Consultants discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed and acquired. Through its investigation, Cardiovascular Consultants determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed and acquired this sensitive information on or before September 27, 2023. On December 2, 2023, Cardiovascular Consultants began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information potentially exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Contact information
- Driver’s license and/or state ID number
- Health insurance information (e.g., insurance policy and guarantor information)
- Medical information (e.g., diagnosis and treatment information)
If you received a breach notification letter from Cardiovascular Consultants, LTD:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Cardiovascular Consultants data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring services provided by Cardiovascular Consultants, LTD;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.