Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Warren General Hospital regarding its recent data breach. The Warren General Hospital data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to over 168,000 current and former patients and employees.
ABOUT WARREN GENERAL HOSPITAL:
Warren General Hospital is a full-service not-for-profit hospital located in Warren, Pennsylvania. A community-focused hospital, Warren General Hospital offers a wide range of health care services, including family medicine, emergency care, surgery, rehabilitation, cancer care, and behavioral health services. First opened in 1900, Warren General Hospital was rebuilt in 1955 and has since undergone many renovations, now boasting state of the art equipment and facilities.2 In addition to the main hospital, Warren General Hospital also offers a walk-in clinic and employs over 200 individuals.
On September 24, 2023, Warren General Hospital discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed and acquired. Through its investigation, Warren General Hospital determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed and acquired this sensitive information between September 15 and September 23, 2023. On November 9, 2023, Warren General Hospital began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information potentially exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Financial account information
- Payment card information
- Health insurance claims information
- Medical information (e.g., diagnosis, medications, lab results, and other treatment information)
If you are a current or former patient or employee of Warren General Hospital:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the Warren General Hospital data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring services provided by Warren General Hospital;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.