Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Tangoe, Inc. regarding its recent data breach. The Tangoe data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT TANGOE, INC.:
Tangoe is an IT services and consulting company offering software to help businesses manage and spend their money. As an expense management solutions company, Tangoe provides a variety of AI enabled services through their Tangoe One software including telecom expense management, mobile service management, and cloud expense management. Founded in 2000, Tangoe began with the goal of providing technology expense management solutions to businesses. Today, Tangoe manages over 14 million devices and $15 billion in expenses. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, Tangoe is a global company with locations in the United States, Australia, Asia, and Europe.
On November 17, 2022, Tangoe discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, Tangoe determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information between November 15 and November 17, 2022. On November 1, 2023, Tangoe began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted through a post on its website. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Financial account number
- Health insurance information
- Medical information (e.g., medical record number, hospital account number, admission diagnosis, dates of service, laboratory and diagnostic testing results, medications, treatment facility, and healthcare providers)
If you received a breach notification letter from Tangoe, Inc.:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the Tangoe data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring services provided by Tangoe, Inc.;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.