Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Northwell Health regarding its recent data breach. The Northwell Health data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT NORTHWELL HEALTH:
Northwell Health is a healthcare provider with over 20 hospitals in New York. As a network of hospitals and health care facilities, Northwell Health offers a wide range of services, including cancer care, dental medicine, primary care, surgery, and hospice care. Founded in 1997, Northwell Health began with the goal of providing healthcare solutions for Nassau County residents. Today, Northwell Health has grown into the largest healthcare provider in New York with over 800 outpatient facilities. Headquartered in Lake Success, New York, Northwell Health employs approximately 85,000 individuals with over 18,500 nurses and 4,500 physicians.
Recently, Northwell Health discovered that one of its vendors, Perry Johnson & Associates, Inc. (“PJ&A”), had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, Northwell Health determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information between March 27 and May 2, 2023. On October 31, 2023, Northwell Health’s third-party vendor, PJ&A, began contacting individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Health insurance information
- Medical information (e.g., medical record number, hospital account number, admission diagnosis, dates of service, laboratory and diagnostic testing results, medications, treatment facility, and healthcare providers)
If you received a breach notification letter from Northwell Health or Perry Johnson & Associates, Inc.:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Northwell Health data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring services provided by Northwell Health 0r Perry Johnson & Associates, Inc.;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.