Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Woodfords Family Services regarding its recent data breach. The Woodfords Family Services data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to over 17,000 individuals.
ABOUT WOODFORDS FAMILY SERVICES:
Woodfords Family Services is a non-profit organization focused on providing educational and clinical services to individuals with disabilities and special needs. Founded in 1967 by five families with the goal of helping their own children with disabilities, Woodfords Family Services now offers its services to adults and children alike.3 The services provided by Woodfords Family Services include adoption and foster care, family support, school-based services, behavioral consultation, behavioral analysis, case management, residential services, and a variety of educational and therapy-based programs. Headquartered in Westbrook, Maine, Woodfords Family Services has three additional locations in Maine and employs over 500 individuals.
Recently, Woodfords Family Services discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed and acquired. Through its investigation, Woodfords Family Services determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed and acquired this sensitive information on or around June 19, 2023. On November 10, 2023, Woodfords Family Services began contacting individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Driver’s license number
- Passport number
- Contact information (e.g., address, phone number, email address)
- Financial information
- Health insurance information
- Medical information (e.g., medical treatment/diagnosis, medical record number)
- Full face photos
If you received a breach notification letter from Woodfords Family Services:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Woodfords Family Services data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring services provided by Woodfords Family Services;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.