Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating HCI College regarding its recent data breach. The HCI College data breach involved sensitive personal information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT HCI COLLEGE:
HCI College is a private postsecondary college located in Florida. Founded in 1993, HCI College offers programs in nursing, medical assisting, emergency medical technician, paramedic, EMS, veterinary assisting, and substance abuse counseling. Accredited by The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges, HCI College offers associate degrees and diploma programs, and its faculty consists of experienced firefighters, paramedics, and registered nurses. With a primary campus in West Palm Beach, Florida, HCI College has an additional campus location in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
On May 17, 2023, HCI College discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which sensitive personal information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, HCI College determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information on or around May 17, 2023. On October 25, 2023, HCI College began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The exact type of personal information has not been made publicly available by HCI College. However, according to state reporting guidelines, “personal information” can include the following types of information:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number or other government issued identification number
- Account number, credit or debit card number
- Account passwords or personal identification number or other access codes for financial accounts
- Unique biometric data
- Genetic information
- Health records, including medical diagnosis, treatment or health insurance policy number
If you received a breach notification letter from HCI College:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the HCI College data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring services provided by HCI College;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.