Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Drug Free Workplaces USA, LLC regarding its recent data breach. The Drug Free Workplaces data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to over 37,000 individuals.
ABOUT DRUG FREE WORKPLACES USA, LLC:
Drug Free Workplaces is a third-party drug testing company offering services to government and consumer businesses. Founded in 1992, Drug Free Workplaces provides drug testing and management solutions to its clients. Specifically, Drug Free Workplaces offers clients drug testing, policy development and implementation, background screening, education, and online training services to help companies remain drug free. Headquartered in Pensacola, Florida, Drug Free Workplaces has one location and employs over 7 individuals.
Recently, Drug Free Workplaces discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, Drug Free Workplaces determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information through two employee email accounts between March 29 and May 4, 2023. On October 27, 2023, Drug Free Workplaces began contacting individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number
- Medical information (e.g., lab results, medical treatment/diagnosis information)
If you received a breach notification letter from Drug Free Workplaces USA:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Drug Free Workplaces data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring services provided by Drug Free Workplaces USA, LLC;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.