Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating McLaren Health Care regarding its recent data breach. The McLaren Health Care data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT MCLAREN HEALTH CARE:
McLaren Health Care is a system of hospitals and healthcare centers based in Michigan and Ohio. Founded in 1914, McLaren Health Care offers patients comprehensive healthcare, including emergency services, cariology services, neuroscience services, stroke and trauma services, imaging and lab services, rehabilitation, and other healthcare services. Additionally, McLaren Health Care operates Karmanos Cancer Institute, the largest provider of cancer care and research in Michigan. Headquartered in Grand Blanc, Michigan, McLaren Health Care consists of 15 hospitals in Michigan and Ohio, along with various laboratories, research centers, and surgery centers. Across its network of hospitals and healthcare centers, McLaren Health Care employs more than 10,000 individuals.
On or about August 22, 2023, McLaren Health Care discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed and acquired. Through its investigation, McLaren Health Care determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed and acquired this sensitive information between July 28, 2023, and August 23, 2023. Recently, McLaren Health Care posted a notice on its website informing patients of the incident. The notice states that McLaren Heath Care is mailing notice letters to individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Medical information (e.g., billing or claims information, diagnosis, physician information, medical record number, Medicare/Medicaid information, prescription information, diagnostic results, and treatment information)
- Health insurance information
If you believe you may have been impacted by or if you received a breach notification letter from McLaren Health Care:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the McLaren Health Care data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring services provided by McLaren Health Care;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.