Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Guarantee Trust Life Insurance Company regarding its recent data breach. The GTL data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT GUARANTEE TRUST LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY:
Guarantee Trust Life Insurance Company is a mutual insurance company located in Illinois. Accordingly, GTL offers a variety of insurance policies to its members, including supplemental health, accident, life, and special risk insurance policies. Additionally, GTL is the parent company of Cornerstone Senior Services, LLC, which is an insurance company offering policies to seniors. Founded in 1936, GTL’s operations have been under the direction of the Holson family for three generations. Headquartered in Glenview, Illinois, GTL employs over 200 individuals.
On August 23, GTL discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, GTL determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information through an employee email account on July 12, 2023. On October 23, 2023, GTL began contacting individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Health insurance information
- Medical information (e.g., diagnosis, treatment plan, and provider name)
If you received a breach notification letter from Guarantee Trust Life Insurance Company:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the GTL data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring services provided by Guarantee Trust Life Insurance Company;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.