Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Gonzales & Associates, Inc. regarding its recent data breach. The Gonzales & Associates data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT GONZALES & ASSOCIATES, INC.:
Gonzales & Associates is a full-service accounting and consulting firm in California. Accordingly, Gonzalez & Associates offers its clients accounting services and tax planning and preparation services. Additionally, Gonzales & Associates works closely with their clients to offer a host of consulting services, including cash flow and budget analysis, debt and financing, accounting software selection and implementation, business entity selection, and buying and selling a business. Headquartered in Sacramento, California, Gonzales & Associates has a team of five certified public accountants.
On July 14, 2023, Gonzales & Associates discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information in its systems may have been accessed and acquired. Through its investigation, Gonzales & Associates determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information through an online third-party file sharing program, SmartVault. On October 13, 2023, Gonzales & Associates began contacting individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- 1099 information
- W-2 information
- Banking information (e.g., account number and routing number)
- Contact information (e.g., address and telephone number)
If you received a breach notification letter from Gonzales & Associates, Inc.:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Gonzales & Associates data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring services provided by Gonzales & Associates, Inc.;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.