Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating WishBone Medical, Inc. regarding its recent data breach. The WishBone Medical data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT WISHBONE MEDICAL, INC.:
WishBone Medical is a medical equipment manufacturer based out of Indiana. Focused on children’s pediatrics, WishBone Medical produces implants and instruments designed and sized specifically for children. The products offered by WishBone Medical include implants such as the PRIMATM Femoral Locking Plate System, Smart CorrectionR System, WishFIXTM System, K-Wire System, and more.2 Headquartered in Warsaw, Indiana, WishBone Medical was founded in 2016 and employs over 50 individuals.
On March 2, 2023, WishBone Medical discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, WishBone Medical determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information through employee email accounts. On October 13, 2023, WishBone Medical began contacting individuals whose information may have been impacted. The exact type of personal information has not been made publicly available by Wishbone Medical. However, according to state reporting guidelines, “personal information” can include the following types of information:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number or other government issued identification number
- Account number, credit or debit card number
- Account passwords or personal identification number or other access codes for financial accounts
- Unique biometric data
- Genetic information
- Health records, including medical diagnosis, treatment or health insurance policy number
If you received a breach notification letter from WishBone Medical, Inc.:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the WishBone Medical data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring services provided by WishBone Medical, Inc.;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.