Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Arietis Health, LLC regarding its recent data breach. The Arietis Health data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT ARIETIS HEALTH, LLC:
Arietis Health is a revenue cycle management company for the healthcare industry. Accordingly, Arietis Health offers a wide range of solutions, including coding, billing, old AR resolution, patient engagement, workers compensation, and advisory services. One of Arietis Health’s clients is NorthStar Anesthesia, which manages healthcare entities that provide anesthesia and pain management services.1 Founded in 2020, Arietis Health focuses on data-driven and patient-centric solutions for revenue management. Headquartered in Fort Meyers, Florida, Arietis Health has two additional locations in North Carolina and India, and employs over 50 individuals.
On May 31, 2023, Arietis Health discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed and acquired. The sensitive information that may have been accessed and acquired includes information belonging to NorthStar Anesthesia. Through its investigation, Arietis Health determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed and acquired this sensitive information through a vulnerability in the MOVEit file sharing platform on May 31, 2023. On September 29, 2023, Arietis Health began contacting individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Driver’s license number
- Medical information (e.g., medical record number, patient account number, provider information, diagnosis and treatment information, and clinical and prescription information)
- Health insurance information
If you received a breach notification letter from Arietis Health, LLC:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the Arietis Health data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in free credit monitoring service provided by Arietis Health, LLC;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.