Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Dana Innovations, which does business as Sonance, regarding its recent data breach. The Dana Innovations data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT DANA INNOVATIONS D/B/A SONANCE:
Dana Innovations, the company behind the Sonance, IPORT, and TRUFIG brands, is a consumer electronics company based out of California. Founded in 1982, Dana Innovations specializes in speakers and home design. Creators of the first in-wall speaker, Dana Innovations continues to offer high end speaker systems that can be installed in walls and ceilings, along with more traditional speakers for TVs and Bluetooth connection.2 Dana Innovations sells its speakers under the brands Sonance, IPORT, TRUFIG, and James Loudspeaker. Headquartered in San Clemente, California, Dana Innovations employs over 150 individuals.
On June 2, 2023, Dana Innovations discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information in its systems may have been accessed and acquired. Through its investigation, Dana Innovations determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed and acquired this sensitive information between May 25 and June 3, 2023. On September 21, 2023, Dana Innovations began contacting individuals whose information may have been impacted. The exact type of personal information has not been made publicly available by Dana Innovations. However, according to state reporting guidelines, “personal information” can include the following types of information:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number or other government issued identification number
- Financial information
- Account passwords or other access codes for financial accounts
- Biometric data
- Genetic information
- Health records, including medical diagnosis, treatment or health insurance policy number
If you received a breach notification letter from Dana Innovations:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the Dana Innovations data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in free credit monitoring service provided by Dana Innovations;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.