Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Pharm-Pacc Corporation regarding its recent data breach. The Pharm-Pacc data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT PHARM-PACC CORPORATION:
Pharm-Pacc is a provider of managed recovery services specializing in medication claims processing and healthcare administration for uninsured patients. Partnering with health systems nationwide, Pharm-Pacc aims to reduce healthcare costs by managing patient pharmaceutical assistance recoveries. Headquartered in Coral Gables, Florida, Pharm-Pacc aim is to allow hospitals to maximize the recovery of all available patient assistance offered by pharmaceutical manufacturers. For over 15 years, Pharm-Pacc has provided managed recovery services to hundreds of hospitals and healthcare providers.
On March 24, 2023, Pharm-Pacc discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, Pharm-Pacc determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information. On September 11, 2023, Pharm-Pacc began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Medical information (e.g., account number, medical record number, dates of services, medical devise identifier, and medical images)
- Date of birth
- Address and contact information
- Taxpayer identification number
- Patient license plate number
- Digital signature
If you received a breach notification letter from Pharm-Pacc:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Pharm-Pacc data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in free credit monitoring service provided by Pharm-Pacc Corporation;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.