Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Acadia Health, LLC, which does business as Just Kids Dental, regarding its recent data breach. The Just Kids Dental data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to over 129,000 individuals.
ABOUT ACADIA HEALTH, LLC D/B/A JUST KIDS DENTAL:
Just Kids Dental is a full-service dental provider offering comprehensive oral health services to children. Since its founding in 2009, Just Kids Dental has offered diagnostic, treatment, and preventative care services from biannual dental cleaning and check-ups to informational and educational follow-up visits. Furthermore, Just Kids Dental collaboratively utilizes general, pediatric, and endodontic specialists to provide quality oral health care to a largely underserved portion of the population. Just Kids Dental serves the state of Louisiana through its three locations in Baton Rouge, Kenner, and New Orleans.
On August 8, 2023, Just Kids Dental discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, Just Kids Dental determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information on August 2, 2023. On September 1, 2023, Just Kids Dental began contacting individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Health insurance information
- Medical information (e.g., treatment information, radiographic images, medical record number, health conditions, etc.)
If you received a breach notification letter from Acadia Health, LLC d/b/a Just Kids Dental:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the Just Kids Dental data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in free credit monitoring service provided by Acadia Health, LLC d/b/a Just Kids Dental;;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.