Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating PurFoods, LLC, which does business as Mom’s Meals, regarding its recent data breach. The PurFoods data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to over 1,200,000 individuals.
ABOUT PURFOODS, LLC D/B/A MOM’S MEALS:
PurFoods LLC, the parent company of Mom’s Meals, is a home meal delivery company headquartered in Ankeny, Iowa. Accordingly, PurFoods delivers refrigerated ready-to-eat meals and nutritional solutions to consumers across the United States. With a focus on serving seniors and individuals with special dietary needs, PurFoods provides a variety of pre-prepared meals that cater to specific dietary requirements, such as low-sodium, diabetic-friendly, renal-friendly, cancer support, and portion-controlled meals. In addition to catering to consumers with common health conditions, PurFoods partners with insurance companies, managed care organizations, and federal and state supported programs to expand access to those who need it the most. Founded in 1999, PurFoods operates 10 locations and employs over 500 individuals.
On February 22, 2023, PurFoods experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed and acquired. Through its investigation, PurFoods determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information through a cyberattack attack between January 16 and February 22, 2023. On August 25, 2023, PurFoods began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Driver’s license/state identification number
- Financial account and/or payment card information
- Health insurance information
- Medical information (e.g., medical record number, Medicare and/or Medicaid identification, treatment information, diagnosis code, and patient ID number)
If you received a breach notification letter from PurFoods or Mom's Meals:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the PurFoods data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in free credit monitoring service provided by PurFoods, LLC d/b/a Mom’s Meals;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.