Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Fairfax Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery regarding its recent data breach. The Fairfax Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to over 200,000 individuals.
ABOUT FAIRFAX ORAL AND MAXILLOFACIAL SURGERY CENTERS:
Fairfax Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is a healthcare provider located in Fairfax, Virginia. As a provider of dental care and surgery, Fairfax Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery offers a variety of procedures such as wisdom teeth extraction, dental implant placement, corrective jaw surgery, and facial trauma treatment. Additionally, Fairfax Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery treats patients with facial injuries and fractures as well as facial pain. Operating since 1980, Fairfax Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery has 6 offices throughout Northern Virginia in Alexandria, Burke, Centreville, Fairfax, Reston, and Woodbridge.
On May 16, 2023, Fairfax Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, Fairfax Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information between May 15 and 16, 2023. On August 18, 2023, Fairfax Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery began contacting individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number
- Health insurance information
- Medical information (e.g., medical record number, account number, and diagnostic code)
If you received a breach notification letter from Fairfax Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Fairfax Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in free credit monitoring service provided by Fairfax Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.