Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Coastal Orthopedics & Sports Medicine of Southwest Florida, which does business as Coastal Orthopedics, regarding its recent data breach. The Coastal Orthopedics data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT COASTAL ORTHOPEDICS & SPORTS MEDICINE OF SOUTHWEST FLORIDA:
Coastal Orthopedics is a comprehensive orthopedics, sports medicine, physical therapy, and pain management services provider. Serving the residents of Manatee and Sarasota counties, Coastal Orthopedics has a team of 20 orthopedic surgeons and pain management physicians who are affiliated with hospitals in the Bradenton area. Among the subspecialties of Coastal Orthopedics’ physicians are sports medicine, joint replacement surgery, spinal surgery, shoulder and elbow surgery, and physical medicine and rehabilitation. Founded in 1973, Coastal Orthopedics employs over 200 people and through its four locations in the Bradenton, Florida area.
On or around June 11, 2023, Coastal Orthopedics discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information in its systems may have been accessed and acquired. Through its investigation, Coastal Orthopedics determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information between June 6, 2023, and June 11, 2023. Recently, Coastal Orthopedics posted a notice of the breach on its website, which states that it intends to send letters to individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Medication information (e.g., patient identification number, medical records number, diagnosis information, etc.)
- Driver’s license number
- Health insurance information
- Financial account information
- Date of birth
If you received a breach notification letter from Coastal Orthopedics:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the Costal Orthopedics data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in free credit monitoring service provided by Coastal Orthopedics & Sports Medicine of Southwest Florida;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.