Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating IVF Michigan & Ohio Fertility Centers, which does business as IVF Michigan, regarding its recent data breach. The IVF Michigan data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT IVF MICHIGAN & OHIO FERTILITY CENTERS:
IVF Michigan is a fertilization clinic that helps patients who may be suffering from infertility. As a fertility clinic, IVF Michigan offers a variety of services including in vitro fertilization, artificial insemination, egg and sperm freezing, genetic testing, and infertility diagnosis. IVF Michigan has locations in Ypsilanti, Bloomfield Hills, Dearborn, East Lansing, Grand Blanc, Grand Rapids, Macomb, and Saginaw, Michigan, with an additional location in Sylvania, Ohio. With 21 medical professionals across its 9 locations, IVF Michigan has served over 6,100 patients.
On February 28, 2023, IVF Michigan discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, IVF Michigan determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information by launching a ransomware attack on February 25, 2023. On August 4, 2023, IVF Michigan began contacting individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number
- Date of birth
- Claims information
- Bank account numbers
- Health information (e.g., conditions or diagnoses, lab results, medications, treatment information)
If you received a breach notification from IVF Michigan & Ohio Fertility Centers:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the IVF Michigan data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in free credit monitoring service provided by IVF Michigan & Ohio Fertility Centers;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.