Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Tift Regional Health System, Inc. regarding its recent data breach. The Tift Regional Health System data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to over 180,000 individuals.
ABOUT TIFT REGIONAL HEALTH SYSTEM, INC.:
Tift Regional Health System is a not-for-profit medical provider in South Central Georgia, partnered with the nonprofit health care system, Southwell. Founded in 1964, Tift Regional Health System offers clinics, acute and specialty care facilities, a 181-bed flagship hospital, and a rehabilitation center. As such, Tift Regional Health System provides a large variety of medical services for every patient need, including emergency services, cancer treatment, surgery, and more. Headquartered in Tifton, Georgia, Tift Regional Health System employs more than 1,000 individuals.
On August 16, 2022, Tift Regional Health System discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed and acquired. Through its investigation, Tift Regional Health System determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed and copied this sensitive information between August 11 and August 17, 2022. On October 14, 2022, Tift Regional Health System began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. After further review, Tift Regional Health System sent out additional notifications on August 11, 2023. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Driver’s license number
- Health insurance information
- Medical information (e.g., patient identification number, diagnosis or treatment information)
If you are a current or former patient of Tift Regional Health System:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Tift Regional Health System data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in free credit monitoring service provided by Tift Regional Health System, Inc.;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.