Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating LifeWorks Wellness Center regarding its recent data breach. The LifeWorks Wellness Center data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to over 17,000 individuals.
ABOUT LIFEWORKS WELLNESS CENTER:
LifeWorks Wellness Center is a healthcare provider specializing in holistic medicine. As a natural health clinic, LifeWorks Wellness Center treats a wide range of chronic illnesses, including cancer, heart disease, fatigue, Lyme disease, allergies, and arthritis. Accordingly, LifeWorks Wellness Center offers various therapies, such as detoxification, homeopathy, natural hormone replacement, ozone therapy, and thermography. Founded in 1997, LifeWorks Wellness Center employs over 15 doctors, registered nurses, nurse practitioners, and other staff at its single location in Clearwater, Florida.
Recently, LifeWorks Wellness Center discovered that it experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, LifeWorks Wellness Center determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information on or around May 20, 2023. On July 26, 2023, LifeWorks Wellness Center began contacting individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Credit card number
- Medical information (e.g., health identification code, medical condition, or diagnosis)
If you are a current or former patient or employee of LifeWorks Wellness Center:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the LifeWorks Wellness Center data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review any breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring services provided by LifeWorks Wellness Center;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.