Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating CRC Insurance Services, LLC d/b/a CRC Group regarding its recent data breach. The CRC Group data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT CRC INSURANCE SERVICES, LLC D/B/A CRC GROUP:
CRC Group is a leading insurance brokerage company. As a wholesale specialty insurance distributor, CRC Group offers clients a broad range of insurance solutions including commercial property, casualty, small business, transportation, environmental, real estate, and disability services. With the largest collection of actionable data in the wholesale business, CRC Group leverages information to provide a better client experience. Among its 650 carriers, CRC Group places more than $35.5 billion in annual premiums.
On January 18, 2023, CRC Group discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed and obtained. Through its investigation, CRC Group determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed acquired this sensitive information through a series of phishing emails between January 13 and January 21, 2023. On July 26, 2023, CRC Group began contacting individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Passport numbers
- Driver’s license number
- Health information (e.g., information related to insurance claims)
- Financial information (e.g., payment card numbers, access information)
If you received a breach notification letter from CRC Group:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the CRC Group data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review any breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring services provided by provided by CRC Insurance Services, LLC d/b/a CRC Group;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.