Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Pear Tree Advisors, Inc., which does business as Pear Tree Funds, regarding its recent data breach. The Pear Tree Funds data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information belonging to over 6,700 individuals.
ABOUT PEAR TREE ADVISORS, INC. D/B/A PEAR TREE FUNDS:
Pear Tree Funds is a financial cooperative offering wealth management to high-net individuals, families, and organizations. For over 50 years, Pear Tree Funds has provided personalized advice and specialized investment management services. Founded in 1969, Pear Tree Funds began as U.S. Boston Capital Corporation, which later launched a registered mutual fund family, Pear Tree Funds, in 1985. Headquartered in Lincoln, Massachusetts, Pear Tree Funds offers seven equity funds.
Recently, Pear Tree Funds discovered that Envision Financial Systems, Inc., the provider of Pear Tree Funds’ investor management software, had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information in its systems may have been accessed and acquired. Through its investigation, Pear Tree Funds determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed and obtained this sensitive information through a vulnerability in the MOVEit file transfer application on May 31, 2023. On July 7, 2023, Pear Tree Funds began contacting individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Financial account information (e.g., account numbers)
If you received a breach notification letter from Pear Tree Funds:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Pear Tree Funds data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review any breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring services provided by Pear Tree Pear Advisors, Inc., d/b/a Pear Tree Funds;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.