Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Essen Medical Associates, P.C., which does business as Essen Health Care regarding its recent data breach. The Essen Health Care data breach may have involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT ESSEN HEALTH CARE:
Essen Health Care is a healthcare continuum providing a wide range of medical services, including primary, urgent, specialty, and virtual care. Founded in 1999, Essen Health Care offers various medical specialties, such as dermatology, orthopedic surgery, allergy and immunology, cardiology, and more. Headquartered in Bronx, New York, Essen Health Care employs over 300 providers to serve communities throughout the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, Long Island, Staten Island, and Westchester County.
On March 17, 2023, Essen Health Care discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed and acquired. While the investigation is ongoing, Essen Health Care determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed and obtained this sensitive information between March 14 and March 22, 2023. On May 16, 2023, Essen Health Care posted a preliminary notice of the data breach event to its website. The type of information exposed may include:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Passport or government issued identification information
- Demographic information
- Personal health information
If you are a current or former patient of Essen Health Care:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the Essen Health Care data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review any breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring services provided by Essen Medical Associates, P.C.;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.