Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Episource LLC regarding its recent data breach. The Episource data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT EPISOURCE LLC:
Episource is an IT services and IT consulting company offering risk adjustment software, services, and solutions for health plans and medical groups. Accordingly, Episource specializes in risk adjustment analytics, retrospective chart reviews, encounter submissions, and more. Founded in 2006, Episource employs over 5,000 individuals and codes more than 14 million records annually. Headquartered in Gardena, California, Episource operates 6 satellite offices throughout India and conducts business globally.
On February 20, 2023, Episource discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, Episource determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information through Episource’s Amazon Web Services environment between February 19 and February 21, 2023. On June 2, 2023, Episource began contacting individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Medical record number
- Health plan information (e.g., ID number)
- Provider information
- Clinical data (e.g., diagnoses, medications)
If you received a breach notification letter from Episource:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Episource data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review any breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring services provided by Episource LLC;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.