Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating CareNet Medical Group, PC regarding its recent data breach. The CareNet Medical Group data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT CARENET MEDICAL GROUP, PC:
CareNet Medical Group is a premier women’s care group which provides progressive obstetric and gynecologic services to individuals. Accordingly, CareNet Medical Group is composed of six physicians and three advanced practitioners. Founded in 1983, CareNet Medical Group strives to provide patients with comprehensive care in a nurturing environment. Headquartered in the Capitol District of New York, CareNet Medical Group provides patient services in two offices in the New York area.
On April 26, 2023, CareNet Medical Group determined it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed and acquired. Through its investigation, CareNet Medical Group determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed and obtained this sensitive information between May 9, 2022 and June 4, 2022. On June 2, 2023, CareNet Medical Group began contacting individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Driver’s license number
- Financial account information (e.g., bank account number, bank account routing number)
- Contact information (e.g., cell phone number, home phone number, email)
- Medicare number
- Medical reference number
- Health insurance information
If you are a current or former patient of CareNet Medial Group, PC:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the CareNet Medical Group data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring services provided by CareNet Medical Group, PC;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.