Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Peachtree Orthopaedic Clinic, P.A. regarding its recent data breach. The Peachtree Orthopedics data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT PEACHTREE ORTHOPEDICS:
Peachtree Orthopedics is a medical practice providing a variety of orthopedic health care services. Accordingly, Peachtree Orthopedics offers MRI imaging, outpatient joint replacement, physical and occupational therapy, telehealth, and more. Founded in 1953, Peachtree Orthopedics specializes in sports medicine and biologics, as well as spine, elbow, foot and ankle, hand and wrist, hip, knee, and shoulder health care. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Peachtree Orthopedics operates 9 office locations, 9 physical rehabilitation facilities, 2 surgical centers, and 4 MRI facilities throughout the Atlanta area.
On April 20, 2023, Peachtree Orthopedics discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed. While the investigation is ongoing, Peachtree Orthopedics determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information. On May 12, 2023, Peachtree Orthopedics posted a notice of the data breach on its website. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Driver’s license number
- Medical information (e.g., treatment or diagnosis information)
- Treatment costs
- Financial account information
- Health insurance claims and provider information
If you are a current or former patient or employee of Peachtree Orthopedics:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the Peachtree Orthopedics data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring services provided by Peachtree Orthopaedic Clinic, P.A.;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.