Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Jaco Oil Company regarding its recent data breach. The Jaco Oil Company data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT JACO OIL COMPANY:
Jaco Oil Company is a privately owned management firm offering finance, accounting, human resources, and technical infrastructure support to operating companies. Accordingly, Jaco Oil Company specializes in the retail and wholesale of motor fuels and other related petroleum products. Founded in 1967, Jaco Oil Company oversees various affiliate entities, including Fastrip Financial, Instant Storage, Wholesale Fuels, and more. Headquartered in Bakersfield, California, Jaco Oil Company operates gasoline service stations, convenience stores, food stores, and one wholesale supplier of petroleum products, primarily throughout the western United States.
On or around March 26, 2023, Jaco Oil Company discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information in its systems may have been accessed and acquired. Through its investigation, Jaco Oil Company determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed and copied this sensitive information on or about March 25, 2023. On May 17, 2023, Jaco Oil Company began contacting individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number
- Passport number
- Permanent resident identification number
- Bank account information
- Information used for credit checks
- Documents related to I9 forms
If you received a breach notification letter from Jaco Oil Company:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Jaco Oil Company data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring services provided by Jaco Oil Company;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.