Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Uintah Basin Healthcare regarding its recent data breach. The Uintah Basin Healthcare data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to over 103,970 individuals.
ABOUT UINTAH BASIN HEALTHCARE:
Uintah Basin Healthcare is a medical center located in North Roosevelt, Utah. As a medical facility, Uintah Basin Healthcare offers a variety of services including clinic services for occupational therapy, diabetes, and women’s health, as well as hospital services. Additionally, Uintah Basin Healthcare offers a gym and fitness facility that offers strength training, cardiovascular training, yoga, and spin classes. Founded in 1944, Uintah Basin Healthcare began when a local church funded the construction of the region’s first hospital. Today, Uintah Basin Healthcare has grown into a hospital, clinic, and fitness center serving the Roosevelt area.
On November 7, 2022, Uintah Basin Healthcare discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, Uintah Basin Healthcare determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information between October 25 and November 7, 2022. On May 10, 2023, Uintah Basin Healthcare began contacting individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Health insurance information
- Medical information (e.g., diagnosis/conditions, medications, procedure information, and test results)
If you received a breach notification letter from Uintah Basin Healthcare:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Uintah Basin Healthcare data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring services provided by Uintah Basin Healthcare;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.