Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating KTBS, LLC regarding its recent data breach. The KTBS data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT KTBS, LLC:
KTBS is a television broadcasting company that delivers news and entertainment content to viewers across multiple platforms. Founded in 1955 as KCMC-TV, KTBS specializes in local news and entertainment programming, with channels such as KTBS 3 and KPXJ-21. Headquartered in Shreveport, Louisiana, KTBS serves over 28 counties and parishes in East Texas, Northwest Louisiana, Southwest Oklahoma, and Southern Arkansas.
On March 27, 2023, KTBS discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information in its systems may have been accessed or acquired. Through its investigation, KTBS determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information. On May 5, 2023, KTBS began contacting individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number
- Date of birth
- Financial account information
If you received a breach notification letter from KTBS:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the KTBS data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring services provided by KTBS, LLC;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.