Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Earthlite, LLC regarding its recent data breach. The Earthlite data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT EARTHLITE, LLC:
Earthlite is a massage company specializing in wellness, spa, and medical equipment. Accordingly, Earthlite offers a variety of wellness supplies and accessories such as spa tables, massage chairs, essential oils, and more. Founded in 1987, Earthlite prides itself as the world’s top brand in massage. Today, Earthlite, LLC operates three subsidiaries including Living Earth Crafts, Continuum Footspas, and TARA Spa Therapy. Headquartered in Vista, California, Earthlite has production facilities on three continents and conducts business globally.
Recently, Earthlite discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, Earthlite determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information on or around September 18, 2022. On April 14, 2023, Earthlite began contacting individuals whose information may have been impacted. The exact type of personal information has not been made publicly available by the Earthlite. However, according to state reporting guidelines, “personal information” can include the following types of information:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number or other government issued identification number
- Financial information
- Account passwords or other access codes for financial accounts
- Biometric data
- Genetic information
- Health records, including medical diagnosis, treatment or health insurance policy number
If you received a breach notification letter from Earthlite:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Earthlite data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring services provided by Earthlite, LLC;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.