Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Cal-Ore Communications, Inc. regarding its recent data breach. The Cal-Ore Communications data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT CAL-ORE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.:
Cal-Ore Communications is a telecommunications company offering a variety of internet and telephone services. Accordingly, Cal-Ore Communications specializes in fixed wireless internet, hosted phone services, private line data transport, and more. Founded in 1950, Cal-Ore Communications is a network of over 400 miles of company-owned fiber optic cable, providing traditional phone services, fiber internet connections, and other data services. Today, Cal-Ore Communications employs 25 individuals, serves 2,700 customers, and covers an 850-square mile area. Headquartered in Klamath Falls, Oregon, Cal-Ore Communications conducts business throughout Southern Oregon and Northern California.
On July 5, 2022, Cal-Ore Communications discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed and acquired. Through its investigation, Cal-Ore Communications determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed and obtained this sensitive information between June 16 and July 5, 2022. On April 4, 2023, Cal-Ore Communications began contacting individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number
- Financial account information (e.g., payment card information)
- Medical information
- Health insurance information
- Online account username and password
If you received a breach notification letter from Cal-Ore Communications:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the Cal-Ore Communications data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring services provided by Cal-Ore Communications, Inc.;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.