Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Top of the World Ranch Treatment Center regarding its recent data breach. The Top of the World Ranch data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to over 1,900 individuals.
ABOUT TOP OF THE WORLD RANCH TREATMENT CENTER:
Top of the World Ranch is an inpatient treatment center catering to patients around the Upper and Central Midwest region. Established to offer a wholistic approach to addiction treatment, Top of the World Ranch specializes in treating alcohol and drug addiction in addition to mental and behavioral health disorders. Top of the World Ranch provides patients with access to room, board, and a 315 acre estate for a serene and calming treatment environment. Furthermore, Top of the World Ranch has many amenities and programs tailored towards successful addiction recovery, including mindfulness sessions, private living quarters, a spa and sauna center, counseling services, and more. Located in Milan, Illinois, Top of the World Ranch offers intensive outpatient programs for nearby residents in addition to its signature inpatient plans.
On November 17, 2022, Top of the World Ranch discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, Top of the World Ranch determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information through an employee email account on November 17, 2022. On March 14, 2023, Top of the World Ranch began contacting individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Health insurance information
- Medical information (e.g., provider names, patient identification number, diagnosis or treatment information)
If you received a breach notification letter from Top of the World Ranch Treatment Center:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Top of the World Ranch data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring services provided by Top of the World Ranch Treatment Center;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.