Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Merritt Healthcare Advisors regarding its recent data breach. The Merritt Healthcare Advisors data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT MERRITT HEALTHCARE ADVISORS:
Merritt Healthcare Advisors is a healthcare consultancy firm that specializes in facilitating mergers and acquisitions between various healthcare providers. Since its founding in 2005, Merritt Healthcare Advisors has completed more than $4 billion worth of transactions within the healthcare industry. Indeed, Merritt Healthcare Advisors partners with surgery centers, ancillary service providers, physician practices, and more to grow company value and achieve financially profitable outcomes. Headquartered in Ridgefield, Connecticut, Merritt Healthcare Advisors operates an additional office in Los Gatos, California.
On November 30, 2022, Merritt Healthcare Advisors discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, Merritt Healthcare Advisors determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information through an employee email account between July 30 and August 25, 2022. On March 14, 2023, Merritt Healthcare Advisors began contacting individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Health insurance information (e.g., health insurance numbers)
- Financial account information
- Medical information (e.g., record number, treatment information, provider names)
If you received a breach notification letter from Merritt Healthcare Advisors:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the Merritt Healthcare Advisors data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring services provided by Merritt Healthcare Advisors;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.