Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating dp Brokerage, Inc., regarding its recent data breach. The dp Brokerage data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT DP BROKERAGE, INC.:
As a health insurance agency and broker, dp Brokerage provides individual and group health insurance packages, dental insurance, life insurance, Medicare supplement insurance, and more. Founded in 1985, dp Brokerage is a contracted general agency of Florida Blue, capable of offering comprehensive insurance policies through a variety of healthcare providers. In addition to its group and individual insurance packages, dp Brokerage provides advice for customers seeking to find insurance through the Affordable Care Act marketplace and qualify for government subsidies. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, dp Brokerage conducts business throughout the state of Florida.
On December 13, 2022, dp Brokerage discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, dp Brokerage determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information through a company email account. On March 6, 2023, dp Brokerage began contacting individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Driver’s license number
- Financial information (e.g., account number, credit or debit card number)
- Health insurance information
- Medical information (e.g., prescription information, medical provider information, record number, Medicare or Medicaid number)
If you received a breach notification letter from dp Brokerage:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the dp Brokerage data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring services provided by dp Brokerage, Inc.;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.