Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating CentraState Healthcare System regarding its recent data breach. The CentraState Healthcare System data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to over 617,000 individuals.
ABOUT CENTRASTATE HEALTHCARE SYSTEM:
CentraState Healthcare System is a private health organization offering a wide range of health and wellness services. Accordingly, CentraState Healthcare System operates an advanced cancer center and specializes in services related to maternity, weight loss surgery, and women’s health. Founded in 1971, CentraState Healthcare System is composed of an acute care hospital, an ambulatory campus, and three senior living facilities. Headquartered in Freehold, New Jersey, CentraState Healthcare System operates 6 unique locations throughout the state. As a partner of Atlantic Health System, CentraState Healthcare System employs over 1,800 individuals, including 714 physicians.
On December 29, 2022, CentraState Healthcare System discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed and acquired. Through its investigation, CentraState Healthcare System determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed and obtained this sensitive information on December 29, 2022. On February 10, 2023, CentraState Healthcare System began contacting individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Health insurance information
- Medical record number
- Patient account number
- Medical and treatment information (e.g., date(s) of service, physician names and departments, treatment plans, diagnoses, visit notes, and prescription information)
If you received a breach notification letter from CentraState Healthcare System:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the CentraState Healthcare System data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring services provided by CentraState Healthcare System;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.