Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Emergency Medical Specialists, P.C. regarding its recent data breach. The Emergency Medical Specialists data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT EMERGENCY MEDICAL SPECIALISTS, P.C.:
Emergency Medical Specialists is an emergency medical care provider. Accordingly, Emergency Medical Specialists recruits emergency physicians, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners to staff various medical facilities and hospitals in Southern Colorado. Since its founding in 1984, Emergency Medical Specialists has grown to employ over 100 emergency medical professionals with specialties that range from advanced orthopedics and cardiology to trauma care and hyperbaric oxygen therapy. Headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado, Emergency Medical Specialists partners with eight different medical facilities.
On or about December 15, 2022, Emergency Medical Specialists’ revenue cycle management vendor, Reventics, discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed and obtained. Through its investigation, Reventics determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information, including information belonging to patients of Emergency Medical Specialists. On February 14, 2023, Reventics began contacting individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Driver’s license number
- Financial information
- Health insurance information (e.g., health plan name or identification number)
- Medical information (e.g., diagnosis or treatment information, prescription medication information, dates of service, patient account number, medical record number, provider name)
If you received a breach notification letter from Reventics or Emergency Medical Specialists:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the Emergency Medical Specialists data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring services provided by Reventics, LLC;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.