Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Regional One Health regarding its recent data breach. The Regional One Health data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT REGIONAL ONE HEALTH:
Regional One Health is a healthcare system serving the Mid-South region of the United States. Founded in 1829, Regional One Health traces its history back to the establishment of Memphis, Tennessee’s first hospital. Over the next two centuries, Regional One Health experienced everything from cholera epidemics and casualties of the American Civil War to the Great Depression’s New Deal programs and the recent Covid-19 epidemic. Today, Regional One Health is known for its burn center, neonatal intensive care unit, and 36 other areas of specialty care. Headquartered in Memphis, Tennessee, the Regional One Health System serves patients in western Tennessee, eastern Arkansas, and northern Mississippi.
On or about December 15, 2022, Regional One Health’s revenue cycle management vendor, Reventics, discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed and obtained. Through its investigation, Reventics determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information, including information belonging to patients of Regional Health One. On February 14, 2023, Reventics began contacting individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Driver’s license number
- Financial information
- Health insurance information (e.g., health plan name or identification number)
- Medical information (e.g., diagnosis or treatment information, prescription medication information, dates of service, patient account number, medical record number, provider name)
If you received a breach notification letter from Reventics or Regional One Health:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Regional One Health data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring services provided by Reventics, LLC;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.