Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Pepsi Bottling Ventures LLC regarding its recent data breach. The Pepsi Bottling Ventures data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to over 17,000 individuals.
ABOUT PEPSI BOTTLING VENTURES LLC:
Pepsi Bottling Ventures is a manufacturing company offering services related to the production, sale, and distribution of food and beverages. Founded in 1943, Pepsi Bottling Ventures started as a small family business with only four trucks delivering Pepsi in Nassau County on Long Island. Through a merger with PepsiCo in 1999, Pepsi Bottling Ventures was formed and now serves various popular brands including Gatorade, Starbucks, and Lipton Teas. Today, Pepsi Bottling Ventures prides itself as the largest privately-held bottler for Pepsi-Cola products in North America. Headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina, Pepsi Bottling Ventures has 19 locations, over 2,600 employees, and an annual revenue of $2.2 billion.
On January 10, 2023, Pepsi Bottling Ventures discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed and acquired. Through its investigation, Pepsi Bottling Ventures determined that an unauthorized actor accessed and obtained this sensitive information by launching a malware attack on or around December 23, 2022. On February 10, 2023, Pepsi Bottling Ventures began contacting individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number
- Passport number
- Financial information (e.g., account number, PIN code, or password)
- Health insurance and claims information
- Medical information
- Contact information (e.g., email address)
If you received a breach notification letter from Pepsi Bottling Ventures:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the Pepsi Bottling Ventures data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring services provided by Pepsi Bottling Ventures LLC;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.