Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Regal Medical Group, Inc., and its affiliates, Lakeside Medical Organization, ADOC Medical Group, and Greater Covina Medical Group, regarding its recent data breach. The Regal Medical Group data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to an undetermined number of individuals.
ABOUT REGAL MEDICAL GROUP, INC.:
Regal Medical Group is a healthcare provider within the Heritage Provider Network. In addition to Regal Medical Group, the Heritage Provider Network consists of a number of other healthcare providers, including Lakeside Community Healthcare, ADOC Medical Group, and Greater Covina Medical Group. Founded in 1994, Regal Medical Group offers expertise in multiple medical specialties, including dermatology, gastroenterology, endocrinology, and more. Furthermore, Regal Medical Group provides primary and emergency care solutions. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Regal Medical Group and the Heritage Provider Network operate hospitals, clinics, and offices throughout Southern California.
On December 2, 2022, Regal Medical Group, Lakeside Medical Organization, ADOC Medical Group, and Greater Covina Medical Group discovered that they had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in their systems may have been accessed and acquired. Through its investigation, Regal Medical Group determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed and obtained this sensitive information by launching a ransomware attack. On February 1, 2023, Regal Medical Group began contacting individuals whose information may have been impacted. The information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Contact information (e.g., phone number)
- Health insurance information (e.g., health plan number)
- Medical information (e.g., diagnosis or treatment information, laboratory test results, prescription information, radiology information)
If you received a breach notification letter from Regal Medical Group, Lakeside Medical Organization, ADOC Medical Group, or Greater Covina Medical Group:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Regal Medical Group data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring services provided by Regal Medical Group, Inc.;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.