Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Air T, Inc. regarding its recent data breach. The Air T data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to over 1,600 individuals.
ABOUT AIR T, INC.:
Air T is a holding company and venture capital firm that specializes in investing in the aviation industry. As such, Air T focuses its investments in three core aviation business segments, including commercial aircraft, overnight air cargo, and aviation ground support. Founded in 1980, Air T’s first partnership was formed with a commercial air transportation company. Since then, Air T has acquired a variety of subsidiaries, partnering with everything from aircraft de-icing manufacturers to aviation leasing businesses. Today, Air T is the majority shareholder of 11 different companies and manages an annual revenue of more than $177 million. Headquartered in Denver, North Carolina, Air T operates an additional office in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
On or about April 30, 2022, Air T discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, Air T determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed this sensitive information between April 17 and April 30, 2022. On January 30, 2023, Air T began contacting individuals whose information may have been impacted. The information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
- Financial information (e.g., account number, credit or debit card number)
- Health insurance information
- Medical information
If you received a breach notification from Air T:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the Air T data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring services provided by Air T, Inc.;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.