Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Circles of Care, Inc. regarding its recent data breach. The Circles of Care data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to over 61,100 individuals.
ABOUT CIRCLES OF CARE:
Circles of Care is a behavioral healthcare service providing care for those struggling with mental health, alcohol, drug abuse, and related issues. As a behavioral health service, Circles of Care offers many resources including, crisis stabilization, detoxification, outpatient therapy, and outreach services. Headquartered in Melbourne, Florida, Circles of Care has 6 locations across Florida in Melbourne, Rockledge, and Titusville. Employing over 690 individuals, Circle of Care has 135 specialized doctors throughout 17 departments. Annually, Circles of Care generates around $40 million in total revenue and holds over $50 million in total assets.
On September 21, 2022, Circles of Care discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed. Through its investigation, Circles of Care determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed and obtained this sensitive information on or around September 6, 2022. On January 5, 2023, Circles of Care began contacting individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number
- Bank routing and account numbers
- Phone number
- Medical information (e.g., medical account number, medical diagnosis, procedure codes, service dates)
If you received a breach notification letter from Circles of Care:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the Circles of Care data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring services provided by Circles of Care, Inc.;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.