Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Veros Credit, LLC regarding its recent data breach. The Veros Credit data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to over 52,000 individuals.
ABOUT VEROS CREDIT, LLC:
Veros Credit is an auto financing company that specializes in acquiring and servicing motor vehicle retail installment contracts. Accordingly, Veros Credit works with over 2,000 dealers to deliver subprime and near-prime automobile financing. Founded in 2010, Veros Credit also offers a variety of different payment methods, including online, surface mail, and phone payments. Headquartered in Santa Ana, California, Veros Credit employs more than 200 individuals.
On December 10, 2021, Veros Credit discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information in its systems may have been accessed and obtained. Through its investigation, Veros Credit determined that an unauthorized actor may have accessed and acquired this sensitive information by launching a ransomware attack. On December 5, 2022, Veros Credit began contacting individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number
- Username or password information
- Government-issued identification number (e.g., passport, state ID card number)
- Health insurance information
- Financial information (e.g., account number, credit or debit card number)
- Medical information
If you received a breach notification letter from Veros Credit:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the Veros Credit data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in any free credit monitoring service provided by Veros Credit, LLC;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.