Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Wing Financial Services, LLC regarding its recent data breach. The Wing Financial Services data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to over 240,000 individuals.
ABOUT WING FINANCIAL SERVICES, LLC:
Wing Financial Services is an independently owned and operated Jackson Hewitt franchise. Accordingly, as a Jackson Hewitt franchise, Wing Financial Services provides a range of tax services, including tax return filings, liens and delinquent tax return assistance, wage garnishment, consulting, and much more. Additionally, Wing Financial Services benefits from its collaboration with Jackson Hewitt by having access to a variety of resources without sacrificing customer service and client relations. Wing Financial Services is headquartered in Bartlesville, Oklahoma.
Recently, Wing Financial Services discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems was accessed and acquired. Through its investigation, Wing Financial Services determined that an unauthorized actor accessed and obtained this sensitive information. Furthermore, Wing Financial Services concluded that this sensitive information was accessible on the internet on August 7, 2022. On December 1, 2022, Wing Financial Services began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- Financial information (e.g., account number, credit or debit card number, tax ID information)
- Health insurance information
- Medical information (e.g., diagnosis or treatment information)
- Biometric data
If you received a breach notification letter from Wing Financial Services:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you were impacted by the Wing Financial Services data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Wing Financial Services, LLC;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.