Turke & Strauss LLP, a leading data breach law firm, is investigating Acuity Brands, Inc. regarding its recent data breach. The Acuity Brands data breach involved sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information belonging to more than 37,000 current and former employees.
ABOUT ACUITY BRANDS, INC.:
Acuity Brands is an industrial technology company specializing in lighting and intelligent space design. Accordingly, Acuity Brands focuses on LED and retrofit lighting to provide the desired ambience and feel of a space. Additionally, Acuity Brands implements smart technology to offer automatic lighting and dimming programs, temperature controls, and more for residential and commercial properties. Acuity Brands prioritizes sustainability in its product lines by selling LED lights, building management systems, and energy efficient technology. Founded in 1982, Acuity Brands has since expanded its operations across North America, Asia, and Europe. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Acuity Brands employs more than 13,000 individuals.
On December 7, 2021, Acuity Brands discovered that it had experienced a data breach in which the sensitive personal identifiable information and protected health information in its systems may have been accessed and obtained. Through its investigation, Acuity Brands determined that an unauthorized actor accessed and acquired this sensitive information between December 7 and December 8, 2021. Furthermore, Acuity Brands concluded that additional sensitive information was accessed and obtained between October 6 and October 7, 2020. On December 6, 2022, Acuity Brands began notifying individuals whose information may have been impacted. The type of information exposed includes:
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number
- Financial information (e.g., account number)
- Health insurance information (e.g., workers compensation claims, enrollment information, claims information under the Family and Medical Leave Act)
- Medical information
If you are a current or former employee of Acuity Brands:
We would like to speak with you about your rights and potential legal remedies in response to this data breach. Please fill out the form, below, or contact us at (608) 237-1775 or email@example.com.
If you were impacted by the Acuity Brands data breach, you may consider taking the following steps to protect your personal information.
- Carefully review the breach notice and retain a copy;
- Enroll in the free credit monitoring service provided by Acuity Brands, Inc.;
- Change passwords and security questions for online accounts;
- Regularly review account statements for signs of fraud or unauthorized activity;
- Monitor credit reports for signs of identity theft; and
- Contact a credit bureau(s) to request a temporary fraud alert.